Friday, August 22, 2008

A Garden Update










The corn on 7/22/08 and the corn on 8/22/08

The garden is thriving. Soooooooo many beans to be picked I have to make two trips to the kitchen to deposit the filled colander. The corn is nearly ready to start harvesting I can't wait! And the cucumbers (all three of them) are ready to pick. That plant was very sad for weeks due to the cold weather we had this spring. But it perked up and we will definitely have a cucumber harvest of sorts.

Now about the tomatoes. We are harvesting the cherry tomatoes but I am having my doubts about the Big Boys and whether we will get any off that plant. Many green ones but none starting to ripen that I can see. The Husband usually has great luck with tomatoes but again, I think the cold spring weather was very detrimental to our tomato harvest.

When I was growing up we had no garden whatsoever. It is so satisfying to be able to step out into my back yard and pick vegetables. I know it sounds so simplistic but it gives me great enjoyment!

No comments: