Sunday, July 11, 2021

Blueberry Muffins Redux


 

Happy National Blueberry Muffin Day.  Who knew? An hour or so after The Husband and I had eaten our blueberry muffins I made using fresh berries picked from our blueberry bush, he sent me a tweet announcing this fruity holiday. What a coincidence....or could it just be a blatantly manufactured "holiday" created by the blueberry producers of America?  Whatever the reason, any day is a good day for blueberry muffins.

The recipe I use is from a McCalls cookbook my parents gave me when I was still in high school. I have made this recipe so many times over the years, I don't even need to open the book.  It's an easy, one-bowl recipe. I often get all the ingredients together the night before so I can get these in the oven in 10 minutes in the morning. I have blogged these before, but they are so good, they deserve an encore.

Blueberry Muffins

Preheat oven to 400 deg.

Grease 12 muffin tins

2 cups all purpose flour

1/3 cup sugar

3 tsp baking powder

1/2 tsp salt

1 cup milk

1 beaten egg

1/3 cup vegetable oil

1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries

Extra sugar for sprinkling tops of muffins

In a medium bowl mix together dry ingredients. Add blueberries and toss in flour mixture. Add milk, egg, and oil. Combine until well combined with dry mix but do not over mix. Fill the muffin cups to approximately 3/4 full.. Bake in preheated oven 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown. Enjoy!

 

No comments: