Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Yum Yum Bowl



Food bowls are a thing.  They appear on menus of many restaurants these days. I have recently experienced two very good ones; one called a Philosophy bowl and the other was called a Harvest Pasta bowl.  I decided to try to make my own version and created a hybrid of these two bowls.

My bowl creation has a base of brown rice and the toppings include roasted vegetables of Brussels sprouts, tomatoes, and butternut squash then sprinkled with roasted pumpkin seeds, dried cranberries, and crumbled goat cheese.  A dollop of hummus and a drizzle of lemon-tahini dressing completes the dish. I have included the recipe I use for the lemon-tahini dressing.

This may not be the prettiest of all lunches, but it is packed with a depth of flavors and a variety of textures. It is also a nutritious meal that is quite fulfilling. 


Lemon Tahini Dressing
In bowl, whisk together 8 Tbsp sesame tahini, 1/4 cup each of lemon juice and extra-virgin olive oil, 2 Tbsp each of water and finely chopped flat leaf parsley, 2 tsp minced garlic, 1/2 tsp kosher salt, and 1/8 tsp cayenne.

No comments: