Friday, August 17, 2012
When Life Hands You Zucchini....
These went together in a matter of minutes. I actually only beat the eggs and sugar together with my mixer and stirred the rest together by hand. These are the most tender, moist, yummy muffins I have had in a very long time. There is no way an unsuspecting husband would know there was zucchini in these if a wife hadn't mentioned it. Live and learn. You gardeners out there with zucchini on your hands should give these a try. You won't be sorry!
Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
2 cups of shredded zucchini
4 oz of dark chocolate, semi-sweet, melted
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups of flour
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1. Preheat the oven to 350 and grease a muffin pan.
2. In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt, cinnamon and baking soda. Mix and set aside.
3. Beat eggs and sugar together on a medium speed for about a minute.
4. Slowly add oil while the mixer is on.
5. Add shredded zucchini and vanilla extract, keep mixing.
6. Turn the mixer to low and slowly add the dry mixture.
7. Add the melted chocolate and mix until all the ingredients are combined.
8. Divide the batter between the muffin cups and bake for 20 minutes.
These are amazingly good and it makes approximately 20 muffins.