Friday, June 17, 2011

Cocktail Time

Here is a favorite cocktail I can't believe I've never blogged about; the Cosmopolitan.  Made famous during the run of Sex in the City, this rather "girly" drink is a refreshing substitute for my Perfect Friday Night Martini.  Be forewarned though, unlike the traditional martini, this cocktail goes down quite smoothly so be sure and pace yourself if you are having more than one.

The recipe I share with you is great as it can easily make as needed without too much fuss and bother. The measurements below make two drinks, but just do the math and you could make them by the pitcherful.  Now wouldn't that be a fun party!
The Cosmopolitan

1 part fresh squeezed lime juice
2 parts triple sec (orange flavored liqueur)
2 parts cranberry juice
4 parts citrus vodka

Put all the ingredients into a cocktail shaker with 5-6 ice cubes and shake vigorously for 60 shakes. Pour into pre-chilled martini glasses and serve.

4 comments:

~~louise~~ said...

Oh yes, me "likey."

We're playing the Picnic Game over at my blog. You must know the game. I'm going on a picnic and I'm bringing the letter... We sure could use a few more drinks or dishes for that matter. Wanna play?

Thanks for sharing, just the sight of it brings back a flood of cooling Cosmo memories...

Ms. Divina Loca said...

My own personal favorite drink involves a glass, ice and bourbon but Cosmos are the (official) Walker sister cocktail-Enjoy!

whack patti said...

louise.....I don't know the Picnic Game. How do you play?

~~louise~~ said...

The Picnic Game is posted today for National Picnic Month. Take a pop over and see all the delicious dishes everyone prepared for our virtual online picnic. There may even be a few "cocktails" you likey:)

Now, I'm off to see your latest post.