Friday, October 22, 2010

Pork Paillards with Sour Cream-Paprika Sauce

Sometimes I just have to sit down and go through the ever growing stacks of magazines that accumulate around the house and pull out recipes and articles I may use at a future date and then get the rest into the recycle bin.  Otherwise our house would be inundated by them.  Yesterday was that kind of day, though I must admit I barely made a dent in the piles.

I did come across this wonderful and quick dish in a Martha Stewart magazine.  Her publications are always filled with such great recipes, decorating ideas and interesting articles it's hard for me to throw them away.  But get rid of them I must, lest I become the next star on the show Hoarders-Buried Alive, with my out-of-control magazine addiction!

This is a very fast recipe and from start to finish, this dinner took no more than 30 minutes to put together and it was a winner.

Pork Paillards with Sour Cream-Paprika Sauce
(Serves 4)

8 pork paillards
Salt and Pepper to taste
Flour for dusting meat
2 Tbsp oil
1/4 cup finely chopped onions
1/4 cup dry white wine
1/2 cup low sodium chicken stock
1/3 cup sour cream
1/4 tsp paprika

Season pork with salt and pepper on both sides then dust lightly with flour.  Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.  Add 4 paillards and saute on 1 side until golden brown, approximately 1-2 minutes.  Flip and saute paillards until cooked through about 1 minute.  Transfer to a plate.  Repeat with remaining meat.

Saute onions for 2-3 minutes until transparent.  Add white wine to skillet and deglaze pan; cook until wine reduces by half, about 1 minute.  Add chicken stock and any plate juices.  Simmer until sauce reduces by half, about 2 minutes.  Gradually add in the sour cream and the paprika.  Season to taste.  Serve with buttered parsley noodles.

3 comments:

whack patti said...

What's a paillard?

Linda said...

OMG, Sue, I do "exactly" the same thing with magazines (I also pull out craft ideas, and some gardening tip pages).
Your recipe sounds interesting.

Katerina said...

I collect magazines as well. I suspect one day my husband wil pick them up and throw them in the garbage. This dish is easy, fasta and must be delicious.