Friday, August 27, 2010

Salad Caprese, The Sequel

This is my favorite summer time treat (besides ice cream!)  Tomatoes fresh off the vine (not ours unfortunately, this year), fresh mozarella cheese, basil and splashes of good olive oil and balsamic vinegar, seasoned to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper.  The classic Italian Salad Caprese. 

It is so simple with such a small number of ingredients yet the finished dish is ever so satisfying.  The Italians are very good at putting together recipes like this.  I have blogged this salad before here, but I'm particularly pleased with this version using heirloom tomatoes.  I just think they're gorgeous.

5 comments:

The Mulligan Family said...

That looks so delicious. Summer on a plate. Love the different colored heirloom tomatoes. Yummy!

whack patti said...

Oh, That's a pretty one! Yum!

Eliotseats said...

What beautiful pics. I, too, wish I could grow tomatoes that perfect.

Linda said...

Looks delish, and refreshing ;)

Foodiewife said...

I have three beautiful heirloom tomatoes, just waiting to become this very salad. What a lovely salad!