Friday, December 18, 2020

Snowball Cookies Redux


 

Christmas is one week away and I have to admit I have not been very interested this year. I am sure I am not alone in this sentiment.  Seeing that The Husband and I will be not be leaving our humble abode and will not be receiving any visitors, I felt there was no reason to do my usual batches of holiday treats.

This afternoon I had a slight change in my bah humbug attitude and decided to make one batch of traditional cookies I grew up with, the snowball cookie.  These have a special place in my heart as they were my dear dad's favorite.  The other thing is that they are super easy to make.  I blogged about these originally here and today I used a simpler recipe that didn't even require hauling out the mixer.

Wishing one and all happy holidays and may 2021 be a much better year for all of you and for our country.

Snowball Cookies

1 cup all purpose flour

1/4 cup granulated sugar

1 pinch kosher salt

1 tsp vanilla extract

1 1/2 cups finely chopped pecans or walnuts 

1/2 cup warmed butter, cut in cubes

1/2 cup powdered sugar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper

In a bowl combine flour, granulated sugar, salt, vanilla,and nuts until mixed together. Add butter with your hands and combine until mix resembles a coarse crumble. Form cookies into 1 inch balls and place on cookie sheet. Bake for 15 minutes or until light golden brown.  While cookies are still slightly warm, roll them in powdered sugar and place on cooling rack. Makes 15-20 cookies.

 


No comments: