Sunday, August 28, 2011

Our State Fair


Yet another week with nothing to post. It's the end of summer and we must make the most of it. This weekend was for visiting with family and friends and a trip to the Oregon State Fair.  The beauty of going to our fair is that it is a mere five blocks from our house.  There is no excuse not to go!   I will share a few colorful highlights and then I must get to work and come up with a fantastic recipe for next week.
Award winning canned goods

Amazing flowers

Newly hatched chicks

Lunch

Colorful fair goers
And colorful rides

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice photos--but I'm missing your food recipes. Get with the program, girl!

:)

Signed,

A concerned co-worker (not the one with the head cold:)

Cathy at Wives with Knives said...

Hi Susan - Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and for leaving a comment. I'm always very happy to meet another Oregon blogger. It amazes me that there are so many of us. I haven't been to a State Fair since my kids were young and we looked forward to it every year. I'm off now to read some of your posts.

Anonymous said...

I can almost SMELL the fair from here, just from looking at your gorgeous photos...:D
Robin