Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The Carrot Crop

For the first time since we have had a garden, we planted carrots. I so wanted carrots as they are one of my favorite veggies. Well, the crop seen above being held in the Husband's big paw is it. Don't get me wrong, the carrots tasted just fine. It's just that he only was able to harvest that mere dozen and they were on the miniature side. I think the problem was the plants weren't thinned as they started to sprout so there was some overcrowding going on.

I'm not complaining though. Those dozen or so miniature carrots were a delightful treat, once they were washed, peeled and trimmed. I can't wait for next year so we can try again.

4 comments:

KandN said...

They're so darned cute!

whack patti said...

Yum!

Big Sis said...

the smaller they are the sweeter. At the farmers market I always look for the small ones.

Foodiewife said...

My horse would tear that arm off to get to these. Baby carrots-- the real deal. Sweet! How did you prepare them?